Build 508 Change Log
The following features have been added:
- ScreenSteps is now a 64-bit application on macOS.
- You can now choose an article template when creating a new article.
- There is now a "No Border" option for table borders in the table editor.
- Pasting HTML text now supports "data:" URLs.
- The Knowledge Base link dialog now shows if an article is unpublished in a site. This can occur if the manual or chapter the article a part of is unpublished.
- The image properties panel now tells you the size and pixel scale of your source images.
- The bottom-left corner of the screen capture interface now reports the pixel scale of the monitor.
- Improved formatting when pasting content copied from Microsoft Word and browsers.
- If the non-admin installer is used to install ScreenSteps on Windows then auto updates will be handled using a non-admin updater.
The following changes have been made:
- The revision notes bubble now includes unresolved replies in the count.
- Text formatted as code in a bullet list is always inline code now.
- The Windows automatic updater now uses WinSparkle.
- The Sparkle updater on macOS has been updated to version 1.21.2.
- When clicking the "Add Recipients" button in the Save Article dialog the dialog will be moved on screen if the bottom of the dialog is pushed off screen when resized.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- Fixed a memory leak in screen capture. This could leak to the application slowing down and eventually crashing.
- Dropdown menus would disappear on Windows when trying to capture them.
- Clicking the "Repeat Last Capture" button in the Capture Palette would lock up the screen if no screenshots had been captured on the computer before.
- <li> tags that contained <p> tags would cause list items to lose their bullets when opening an article. This could occur if content was pasted into the web editor from an application like Google Docs.
- The Find dialog now maintains the search string across application sessions.
- Deleting an attachment that doesn't have a file on disk will now complete successfully.
- Image content blocks would increase in height when resizing the canvas using the resize handles.
- Pasting text from Word, WordPad, and some other applications on Windows would insert a NULL character into the text.
- Typing @ in a revision note would not bring up the contributors menu for some languages.
- Inserting a Knowledge Base link to a heading when no text was selected would insert "Untitled" instead of the heading title.
- Entering non-ASCII text in a revision note would cause a server error.
- Certain actions in a text field that didn't actually change any of the text content would result in the text field disappearing from view.
- Pasting text from Google Docs into the field in the save dialog would not include line breaks.
- "Apply preset to all annotations" generates an error if image with a matching annotation is in a hidden row.
- Text was not always decoded properly when pasting HTML text on macOS.
- Removing the capture hot key preference would not update the hot key displayed in the system menu bar menu on macOS.
- Copying a blur annotation by holding down the OPTION/ALT key and dragging it would render the blur on top of other annotations until the article was closed and reopened.
- The sign in page would not appear on Windows for accounts using Google SSO.
- Exporting an image that was a child of a checklist item would generate an error.
- Indenting a heading with nested children would sometimes generate an error.
- On Windows toggling the Capture Palette using the system tray icon would not update the UI in an open article editor window.
- Support <ol start="n"> in HTML for specifying starting list number.
- The "Save" button will no longer be pushed off screen in the save article dialog when clicking the button to add recipients. This could occur at lower screen resolutions.
- Resizing an image canvas and then resizing the canvas back to the original size would not restore the original canvas size.
- Using ALT codes to enter text on Windows works again.
- The link to return to article revision notes from content object revision notes would not always show up.